Hi! I’m April and I’m glad you’re here!
I am a Lynchburg, Virginia photographer focusing on weddings and families. I feel pretty lucky to live in such a beautiful area situated near the Blue Ridge Mountains, and just a few short hours from the beach. As someone who loves to camp, kayak and dip her toes in the water, the close proximity to both makes my heart happy. I’m pretty much a chameleon of sorts. I love most types of music from praise and worship, to Edie Brickell and Justin Timberlake, and I fit in with pretty much anyone. Currently on my playlist is a little Sheryl Crow, Gwen Stefani (have you caught that nod to her yet?? :), Stone Temple Pilots, Red Hot Chili Peppers and 90s Summer Music because you can’t go wrong with a little Will Smith, Snoop Dog and some Shaggy thrown in. I’m laid back and pretty chill, and I love to carry that into my work as a Lynchburg, Virginia Photographer on wedding days and family portrait sessions. So, when you’re starting to fret because your timeline is getting out of whack or your child is throwing a fit, don’t worry, I’ve got your back. I’ll help you take a deep breath and remind you that we’re going to get some amazing images no matter how crazy things seem at that moment 🙂
More About April:
- I love to travel and explore new places. When I’m somewhere new, I like to take in the sights and sounds of the locals, not just the touristy places. And I love eating at local food spots.
- Craft beer is my weakness! Wheat beers and stouts are my fave, and I enjoy visiting new breweries to see what they have to offer.
- I LOVE Summer! It’s my favorite time of the year. While I think the mountains and snow are beautiful, there is just something about the sound of the ocean and the texture of the sand beneath my feet that gives me that warm, tingly, “my life is complete” feeling.
- I’m a huge Gwen Stefani fan (did you notice ;)). I just love everything about her – her style, her music and her unique personality.
About my Photography Experience:
- I have 20 years of experience behind the lens of a camera as a photographer. My years of experience working for newspapers and magazines in the area provided me with my journalistic approach to photography. I prefer to shoot candidly and capture the raw, emotional moments of the day. I have been a wedding photographer since 2010.
- My weddings have been featured on a variety of wedding blogs, and I have been published in Lynchburg’s own The Clutch Guide. I have had images featured on the Katie Couric show and in the Australian wedding magazine, Modern Wedding Flowers. While I do not guarantee your wedding will be published, I do submit my work regularly so there’s a great chance it will be! If that’s something you’re interested in, let me know so I can make note to submit it.
- I take a limited number of weddings each year so please book early! I suggest booking as soon as you secure your venue and date.